Rules and Policies
Make Up Classes - Make up classes are subject to availability and are given in case of gym closure, personal illness, injury or family emergency only. Make up classes must be taken within two weeks of the missed class. They are only for students currently enrolled, and may not be carried into the next session. They may not be used to reduce the next session fee and cannot be used in lieu of payment for a session.
Spectators must stay in the viewing area. No one is allowed on the gym floor except members of a class in progress. For their safety, please help your child concentrate during class by refraining from speaking to them when they are on the gym floor.
Parents with Children: Please keep children quiet and under control when they are watching a class or waiting for someone. No running, shouting or horseplay is allowed. Our teachers are here to provide quality instruction for your children. They can do this best if distractions are kept to a minimum. As in any public building, you are responsible for your child’s conduct.
NO SMOKING anywhere in the building or near open doors. Also, no food, drinks or gum on the gym floor at any time.
· Girls: One piece leotard without skirts, and cotton socks or bare feet. Bare midriffs are not permitted. Hair should be tied back. No rings or other jewelry. Fingernails must be cut short.
· Boys: Elastic band shorts or sweat pants, t-shirt, and cotton socks.
Student’s belongings should be placed in a cubbyhole while in class. Please do not leave items on the floor or block walkways. The Gym-Nest is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Leave valuables at home.
Tardiness: Please be sure your child arrives for class on time. Warm ups are very important in helping prevent injuries. For their safety, students arriving after the warm up has ended may be denied admittance into the class.
- Tuition is due ONE WEEK BEFORE the beginning of each session.
- Class fees are based on four weeks of class per session.
- Session calendars can be found on gym schedules and newsletters.
- Failure to pay tuition one week before the beginning of the session may result in the loss of your child’s spot in class.
- There will be a $5.00 late charge added to all payments received after the 5th of the month. No exceptions.
- There are no discounts or refunds for missed classes.
- If a student misses a class due to gym closure, illness or family emergency, he/she may do a make up within a two week period of the missed class, subject to availability.
- Accepted forms of payment include personal checks, money orders, credit and debit cards and cash.
- Be sure to include the child’s name on the check so it can be posted properly.
- We do not send out billings unless you are overdue. If so, the late charge will already be included.
- If you receive a bill and the balance due has already been paid, please call the office so we can correct the account. Please have your check number and payment date available.
- If your child is dropping a class or taking time off, please notify the office at least 2 weeks in advance so we can open that spot for another gymnast.
- If we hold the spot for your child because we have not been notified, you may be charged for the month.
- A second child discount of 10% is available and applies to the lower priced class. Discount does not apply to multiple children on teams, or special events, and may not be combined with coupons or other promotions.
- Annual Registration Fee of $40 is paid annually in January.
- This Includes annual insurance and administrative fees for ALL students. The annual insurance is secondary to your existing policy. It is required by the carrier that 100% of the students and staff be covered by this insurance policy regardless of other coverage.